In a world where convenience and efficiency are paramount, the humble microfibre cloth has emerged as a hero of the cleaning industry. These unassuming pieces of fabric have revolutionised the way we clean our offices, homes, cars and even our bodies. Read on to discover why microfibre cloths are the smart choice and an essential tool for eco-conscious and cleanliness-obsessed individuals.
The Science behind Microfibre
Microfibre cloths are made from a blend of synthetic fibres, typically a combination of polyester and nylon. The thing that sets them apart from other cleaning cloths is their incredibly fine, split fibres. These fibres are up to 100 times thinner than a human hair resulting in a fabric with millions of tiny, wedge shaped spaces that trap dirt, dust, pathogens, and moisture effectively.
6 Benefits of Microfibre Cloths
1. Superior Cleaning: The tiny, wedge-shaped fibres act like hooks, lifting and trapping particles, rather than pushing them around. This makes microfibre cloths incredibly efficient at removing dirt and grime from surfaces.
2. Lint Free: Unlike cotton or paper towels, microfibre cloths leave virtually no lint behind, making them ideal for cleaning glass, mirrors, and other smooth surfaces.
3. Durability: Microfibre cloths are tough and hard to tear or rip, they can be washed and reused again and again.
4. Green and Eco-friendly: Not only does using microfibre cloths result in less waste due to their reusability but due to their ability to remove and hold onto tiny particles, even bacteria, using a microfibre cloth and water is more effective than using chemicals and a traditional cloth.
5. Hypoallergenic: The capture and removal of tiny particles and allergens combined with no chemical usage mean that microfibre cloths are an excellent choice for allergy sufferers.
6. Money Saving: Whilst the initial outlay to purchase microfibre cloths may be slightly higher than traditional cloths, their reusability, longevity, and less chemical usage mean that they will, in fact, save you money in the long term.
How to Get the most out of your microfibre cloths
Using microfibre cloths couldn’t be simpler and easier.
Use a dry microfibre cloth when removing dust.
To remove marks and spills etc. Wet the microfibre cloth and wring out as much water as possible before cleaning.
After each use rinse the cloth in the sink and hang to dry.
After several uses or for heavily soiled cloths wash, separately from other items, using regular detergent in the washing machine and hang to dry. DO NOT use fabric softener or bleach.
For glass and mirrors use a damp smoother microfibre cloth and then buff with a dry smoother microfibre for a streak-free finish.
Microfibre cloths are undoubtedly a game changer in the cleaning world. Their ability to clean effectively, reduce waste and save money make them a valuable no-brainer addition to the cleaning industry. When used correctly and maintained properly these cloths offer a cleaner, greener, and more sustainable way to keep your environment spick and span.
Next time you reach for a cleaning cloth, consider the remarkable microfibre cloth for a sparkly eco-friendly result.