House Plants – Good For Your Health
House plants can be of great benefit for your health, when you have the right ones.
They can be great for a number of reasons, including:
- Reduce carbon dioxide levels.
- Increasing indoor humidity.
- Reducing levels of pollutants, such as benzene and nitrogen dioxide.
- Reducing dust levels in the air.
- They can keep temperatures down.
These benefits really help to clean your air which can prevent illnesses, help to create a relaxing environment, help you to concentrate and they have also been proven to help keep you in good moods.
House plants are usually very easy to look after and require minimal effort to keep. In fact, some plants only need to be watered once a month, sometimes even longer (depending what time of year it is).
The best indoor plants (as recommended by NASA) for cleaning the air include:
- Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum).
- Mother-in-law’s Tongue (Sansevieria trifasciata).
- Spider Plant (Chlorophytum comosum).
- Bamboo Palm (Bambuseae).
- Golden Pothos (Epipremnum aureum).